Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oda has the sniffles...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We've been busy. Monday it rained. Yeah for us. Oda Mae and I stayed inside and watched the rain. Tuesday, the weather was GREAT! We went out for our run and didn't pass out because of the heat at 9:00 am. Oda Mae also got some new to her shorts at the thrift town the other day. We'll have some photos of those later.

Today was Oda Mae's first day at The Little Gym! Unfortunately, she didn't sleep well last night because she was developing some kind of something. This morning she started sneezing and coughing a little. We decided to go ahead and go to school since it was supposed to be our first day.

Open note to all the little gymers:
We are sorry if you get sick, but we really wanted to come today. Make sure your mommies make you wash your hands!
-OD

Oda Mae had such a good time despite not feeling 100%. She got to pound on the floor, jump on mats, chase bubbles, sing songs, and play games (All Sorts). Oda Mae did exceptionally well on the uneven bars. She hung on to that bar for a good long while. I even pushed her back and forth a bit. The balance beam was a little trickier, but I think with some practice she'll get better. She had a great time and met some new little friends. At the end she got her hands and feet stamped and a cookie.

We were going to go to a story time for toddlers at the library up the street afterwards, but Oda Mae was pretty tired after not sleeping well last night. She was also beginning to not feel so well. Tonight, her little nose was like a faucet. She seemed to be in pretty good spirits, but you could tell she wanted to go nite, nite. We had a bath, read our favorite stories, and went "dite, dite". Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow.

I'm sure that you can all guess that I was the only person over the age of 3 with a Y chromosome at TLG. I got a couple of weird looks, but for the most part all the mommies were too involved with their little ones to take much notice. There were a couple of mommies who talked to me. They asked me about Oda Mae: how old was she... you know, so that made me feel better. We'll have to see what's in store for me the next 16 weeks. All I know is that Oda Mae had a good time today. I'm sure she'll like it even more when she is feeling better.

-OD

P.S. I would post a picture, but my network isn't really working. I'll have to pull my hair out trying to figure it out. Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start pullin' your hair, son-in-law. You're now driving Geegee up the wall with anticipation. :-) Love ya! (What a great daddy you are!!)

KC said...

"I was the only person over the age of 3 with a Y chromosome at TLG. I got a couple of weird looks, but for the most part all the mommies were too involved with their little ones to take much notice. There were a couple of mommies who talked to me. They asked me about Oda Mae: how old was she... you know, so that made me feel better."

I had that at Gymboree a few years ago. I tell ya, the ladies might seem chatty, but depending on the trendiness of TLG and what sort of cars/SUVs these ladies drive, you may be one little correction of their kid for wild behavior away from World War III.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had lots of fun!!
Hope Oda Mae is feeling better today!
Luv ya all
Sis