Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Being Thrifty!

Today, Oda Mae and I got to go do a little shopping. We went to our local Lowes and bought some wasp spray. When we went outside this morning, I noticed some "Paper Wasps" around the house. Anyone know how to get rid of these things for good? I know, I know they keep insects away and they don't sting unless they're provoked. I don't want them in my eves!!!!
Then we went to the local thrift store to see what we could find.

I hit the jackpot!

Right before Christmas I was telling Oda Momma that I wanted one of those jogging strollers. We happened to find one at a thrift store for $30.00. But...I wanted to wait until it went on the "blue tag and it's 50% off sale". I missed my chance. By the time the blue tag sale came, I wasn't able to be there when they opened and someone else got my bargain. TODAY, I wasn't going to miss out. I found an "Instep" jogger that was in great shape for $40.00. That's about 60% off what they cost new in the store. It was however missing one of the shoulder straps, so when I got it home I looked up the company and gave their warranty and parts department a call. They said that they would send me a strap for FREE!!! That rocks! The lady I talked to said that it was "a gesture of good will". Yeah for me and Oda Mae. We get to go running soon.

"Please, Daddy can we go running?"

"Yes, Oda Mae we can."

-OD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, but every time I needed to get rid of wasp's nests, the procedure was always the same:

1. Buy long-range wasp spray
2. Shoot as much spray as you can at the nest til they start coming after you.
3. Run
4. Faster
5. Keep running

I would leave Oda Mae inside with Oda Momma when you do this.

Anonymous said...

Run Jimmy Run
:)