Sunday, March 26, 2006

One Year and One Day

Well, we made it. We all survived the birthday bash, and most importantly, we managed to keep Oda Mae around for a whole year without messing her up too bad. Oda Momma and I have learned a great deal this year. So much that it would be completely insane to try and make a list of everything. We are so lucky to have a beautiful little girl with such a wonderful disposition and a willingness to learn about the world around her. Moreover, Oda Momma and I have learned more about each other, what we really want out of life, and what we need to do to achieve our goals. It hasn't been easy, but it HAS been worth the effort.

If there is one thing that I can say that I have learned during the last year it would be this: There is NOTHING more important than the people around you who you care about. Your family has to take priority over all things. It doesn't matter what you do for a living. All the accomplishments in the world, no matter how great can never take the place of the ones you love.

I don't know what life has in store for me in regards to my career, my finances, or my social status, but I know that I will be just fine with Oda Mae and Oda Momma by my side. I'm just happy for the privilege to be married to the most wonderful woman in the world, and to have the responsibility of raising my daughter to be just like her.








A BIG ODA THANK YOU goes out to all of our family and friends who celebrated with us this weekend. Oda Mae got plenty of clothes and toys to last her for a good while. A very special thank you to those of you who contributed to her college fund. Tomorrow I'll mail a check for a total amount of $350.00 to the college fund people. That will pay for at least a couple of law or medical books in a few years!

A very special thanks goes to our very dear friends D & L who came and gave a CPR class to those of us who were able to stick around right after the party. Oda Mae is now in safer hands!

All of the manikins above were saved from an untimely death.

-OD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, dude. Couldn't have said it better myself, your words have reached my ears, I agree more and more and every day (still), too! Thank you for being such an excellent father and a wonderful husband to my beautiful first born, MY little Oda Mae. You have a special place in my heart, my son-in-law. I love you. ~gm~