Sunday, July 30, 2006

Vacation Wind Up

Oda Momma was on vacation this last week. When Oda Momma is on vacation, so am I a little bit. We get to share the Oda time.

On Thursday, we went to see some friends of ours in East Texas. Oda Mae got to see her friend Ellie Mae. On Friday we all went to a place called Kid Space or Kids Place or Place for Kids to Play or something like that. It was basically an indoor playplace. They had a section just for the little kids as well as the bigger kids. We started in the little kid section. Oda Mae loved jumping into the plastic balls. What she loved even more is picking up all the plastic balls that had gone astray in the other parts of the play area and putting them back where they belong. I suppose I may have spent a little too much time making her put all of her toys away.


Then we got adventurous. We went over to the bigger kids area to go down the BIG slide. Ellie Mae is a few months older than Oda Mae and showed her the ropes a little.



Then Oda Mae went up.

SHE LOVED IT!!!

She loved it so much that she wanted to climb back up. She got pretty frustrated when she couldn't. Then when Oda Momma and I went in to get her out and let her go up the stairs again, she pretty much didn't like it at all.

So we'll keep practicing on the little slides for a while.

Oda Momma goes back to work tomorrow and I suppose that I should go back to work as well. Lord knows that I've got enough projects to do around the house. It's back to watching Oda Mae all day again as well. Maybe some regular blogging also, we'll see.

-OD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had fun! Oda Mae looked like she really had fun in those balls. Now back to the real life.
Sis

Anonymous said...

I like the lighting on Oda Mae's face when she's going down the slide - looks like the light reflecting from her halo.

Of course, the next pic totally squashes that fleeting moment. :-)

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!!! Ah... take me back to the days of jumping in a pile of plastic balls... Wait. I never did that. When I was a kid that fun game hadn't been thought of yet. I was ROBBED! ~geegee~