Wednesday, May 24, 2006

All better now..

Almost, anyway. I had been feeling quite a bit better and then, last Friday I had the splints removed from my nose. Talk about an experience....I had begun to get nauseous waiting for the Dr. to come in and take a look at things. Then I started getting really sick. They gave me something to drink, got me going again and then proceeded to take them out. I didn't even know they were in there. We're talking a hard straw type thing that was about three inches long up each nostril. Oda Momma took me home and I slept the rest of the day. By Monday I was finally feeling like doing something again. That's a good thing because Oda Momma had to go back to work and Oda Mae needed tending to. I got two stitches out on Monday as well. I get the other two out on Friday...yeah. I should be pretty much 100% within the next few days.

Cousin Chris came over Monday to take me to the Dr. and to watch Oda Mae while I was there. I made him put Oda Mae in her car seat in case he had to strap her in and come get me after I was done. Now, Cousin Chris has very little "baby" experience since he's the youngest and about to graduate from high school. He was trying to buckle her in and was tipping her all around trying to get things right when Oda Mae started giggling at him. I think Oda Mae wants to marry Cousin Chris some day; she likes him pretty well. Someday she'll understand that the 18 year age difference and the fact that they are 1st cousins will make that more than just a little improbable.

Here is Oda Mae riding her car...



Someday, she'll be riding one of these bad boys...


-OD

No comments: