Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Week 37...

starts today. We had a doctors appointment yesterday and it was very uneventful. No sonograms or anything cool. She did say that Brenda's tummy is 1 cm bigger than it should be...a sign that Oda Mae will be here earlier than March 22. We're looking at about 6.5 pounds now for the baby and a total length of 21 inches. Supposedly, Oda Mae's head is down in the pelvis at this point, but we haven't noticed any difference in the way she looks. There have been some pretty major bulges and protrusions and stuff though. Yesterday at the Dr. we were pretty much in and out in about 5 minutes, which leads me to believe that the Dr. A) Doesn't really know anything. B) Knows something, but doesn't want to tell us and get us all excited. or C) Is just playing games with us to see if we notice.

I do have some interesting stories about yesterday's outings....

Every time Brenda goes to the Dr. she has to weigh in on one of those fancy scales where you have to move the metal weights around...(I won't divulge the actual weight for fear of a knock upside the head), but the nurse (obviously a newbie) didn't really do it right. She wrote on Brenda's chart that she had gained 40 pounds since last week. I know that she's supposed to be eating for two now, but come on....she also didn't really know how to check blood pressure either. She was looking around the little room for one of those air pump thingies and had to go borrow one from someone whom I'm sure was a classmate. Apparently, she hadn't had time to go to the college bookstore to buy her own blood pressure supplies. The Dr. did notice the weight problem and said that it would be corrected.

After the appointment, we went to eat breakfast as usual to the local IHop. MMMmmmm...IHop. Then we went to Babies R Us to look for a stuffed animal net thing for Oda Mae's room. (You'll know what I'm talking about when I post the pics later.) When I pulled into the parking lot, I was about to pull into a space that I thought was unusually close to the entrance when I realized that it was one of those "reserved" spots. You know how you feel when you see a beaner spot at Wal-Mart or the mall only to find out it's "reserved"? Well, I was about to back out with a sigh of frustration when Brenda said, "Hey, that's reserved for pregnant ladies." I joyously replied, "Hey, that's you!!!" and we both cheered! It's the little things in life...

On the way to Babies R Us we had been talking about how with all the stuff that we've gotten so far we still haven't gotten many diapers, and how expensive they would be. While walking around the store looking at the clearance isle a lady came up to us and said, "Hey, excuse me, but would you like to have some diapers?" With very confused looks on our faces she went on to explain that her newborn had grown too large for some of the diapers that she had gotten at a baby shower. She had tried to return the diapers to BRU but they didn't carry that brand (Luvs). She had decided to walk around the store and just give them to someone, but all the people in the store had babies that were too big for the diapers as well. Then she decided to try and find a pregnant lady to give them to. So, she found us, and we gladly took the diapers. God works in mysterious ways.

We are in the month of March, which leaves us with only days (not weeks anymore) until little Allison gets here. This month will now be known as "Oda March" and we would like to start a little "Birthday Pool". The winner gets something cool like maybe that crazy pregnant lady mug that Uncle Rob gave us. Brenda (Oda Momma) would like to start with Oda March 5. I'll take Oda March 9. You may submit your chosen date via the "comments" button below or e-mail. If duplicate dates are chosen, the first person to choose that date gets to keep it. The second person has to choose a different date. Good Luck!!!!

OD

P.S. I've got lots of photos to show everyone, so I think I'll start an online photo album that will be able to hold them all. I'll give you all the link here at the Baby Blog as soon as I get it up and running.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oda March 13

If we WIN something cool like the pregnant Mug, does that mean we have to supply the next baby?

Anonymous said...

I pick March 11. I can hardly wait!!!! I almost wish she would come today!!!
Luv ya all
Oda Mae's Aunt Sis

Anonymous said...

Oh, this one's easy... I pick March 15 - The ODA's of March.

Sasha@Pw said...

I would LOVE a woman to offer me free diapers! That is fantastic!

Also, 40 lbs in one week? Hmm...maybe some more nursing school? That is crazy.

Anonymous said...

March 7th!
Oda Mae's Aunt Dedra

Anonymous said...

March 21
sorry Brenda....
The Great Aunt Kip

Anonymous said...

March 17 (I'm feeling lucky...)
gramama margie smith (is that okay, sarahbear?)

Anonymous said...

it occured to me while i was looking at the dates we've selected that NO ONE picked an even date.

so Grama Bettye said March 10. Because that's her mama's birthday and she misses her a whole bunch.

Anonymous said...

"The wise one" said March 15. By the time I got back to my computer someone else had already picked this date. I dare not challenge her on this date. Jimmy you know how she can be!

Anonymous said...

Gran says March 25th only because it is a full moon and someone else said march 10th which is a new moon.The moon tells a lot you know!!So here we go waiting again