Sunday, March 27, 2005

Hoppy Easter!

My Oda Mae gets to come home today! Today is her first Easter. She got here just in time.

I was able to come home last night after doing a few errands and get a little sleep. I'm ready now for the next 18+ years. Oda Mae came kind of late on Friday night, so it was about 3:30 am when Brenda and I were finally able to lay down and try and get a little rest. Then the nurse came in about 20 minutes later for a blood test. After that I think Brenda and I both got about another hour of sleep. Last night I'm sure that Brenda was "open for business" every 2-3 hours, so I'm going to try and get her to rest a bit today when she gets home.

It's funny how you look at all the babies in the hospital. You see yours, and then you look at the others and you wonder what the other parents and families think about their baby not being as cute or beautiful or smart as yours. It must be so sad for them because you just know that they wish they could have your baby instead. In the past when I've looked at other babies, either in person or on television, I've also noticed how those babies have some sort of something wrong with them i.e. pointy head, funny looking ears (everyone said Oda Mae has "Tullos" ears and that that is a good thing. This made me laugh!), too skinny, too fat, you know. But....MY BABY....she is so perfect. There isn't anything wrong with her. Oh sure everyone comes in talking about how she is 10 pounds 5 ounces, but I think that looks to me to be the perfect weight for a baby. All those other babies look too skinny and little. My baby is healthy! So to all those other parents......just BACK OFF!!!!!

I'm sure Oda Mae would like to meet everyone at some point this week. Please feel free to give us a call and let us know when you would like to come. There have been, and I'm not exaggerating, hundreds of photos taken by all the family. So, when these photos are sent I'll put them in an online album with a link here on the blog. I'm also going to put a permanent link on the side, that way you don't have to scroll down to try and find the photos. Her "professional modeling portraits" will be on the hospital web site in a couple of days. I'll let you know when they get there. Cousin Kati has taken some great photos. Here is a link to her website that has some of them posted. KATI'S BLOG.

-OD

No comments: