Friday, January 06, 2006

A Clean Bill...

Oda Mae went to the doctor today for her nine month checkup. Other than the redness in her ears due to her ear infection, all seems to be well. She has just about doubled her birth weight now and is up to 20 pounds 5 ounces. (For those of you who are newbie readers...yes, Oda Mae came in weighing 10 pounds 5 ounces).

She is feeling much better now that we've been pumping her full of antibiotics. She is just way fun to be with when she is in a good mood. She is getting to the point now where she is really doing some fun stuff. She will stand on her own for several seconds. It's just a matter of days, I think, before she takes off walking. She will walk holding on to one hand rather than two now as well. She likes to wave hi and bye, and today we learned how to give something to Daddy. She will have a toy in her hand and I'll ask her to give it to me and she does....sometimes.

I'm sorry about the lack of posting during the past several days....holidays followed by some kind of crud that I caught from someone. I'm going to the doctor on Monday morning to find out why I can't get rid of this junk. It's been almost two weeks and I'm pretty sick of it. This will be the first time I've seen a doctor (for myself) in a lot of years!

Oda Mae had "spasghetti" for the first time last night. Here are some fun pics.




BTW, I was very lucky in the fact that the medicine that Oda Mae has been taking for her ear infection has not caused any adverse poopie effects. Yeah for me!!!!!!!

-OD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Alli got a clean bill of health. Now it is time for you to get a clean bill of health. If you don't see a dr then you risk Alli or Brenda catching whatever you have - so be safe and go to the dr.(your sister has spoken). The spasghetti looked really good.
Luv Sis