Wednesday, October 05, 2005

POOP!

So last Tuesday Oda Mae went and got her shots at her six month checkup. As you all may know that's the same day we started her on plums and a week after we had started giving her green beans. Everything was going just fine until the day following the two pin pricks that Oda Mae got. She didn't even cry! (did I tell you that already?...)

Wednesday morning I woke up to what was the most awful smell in the world, ever! My little Oda Mae was smiling as always when I began the process. I had put the green beans in and I was going to be the one to clean them up when they came out! Dude....it was gross! Gone are the days of those cute little baby poopies that she had during the first 5 months. Now we're talkin' not solid at all! So, I figure I must have something to do with the shots she got the day before. It'll clear up in a couple of days.....

...a couple of days later we finally decided that maybe we should stop the green beans altogether. (Yes, Brenda said four days ago that I should call the pediatrician.) My manly ways tell me that I should not go into the gas station to get directions until I'm completely lost; why should it be any different with the pediatrician? Which brings us to last night...

We went over for a lovely visit with Grandpa. Oda Mae had not had a "movement" since that morning when she woke up. So I'm thinking everything is probably back to normal. Little did I (or Grandpa Mike for that matter) know that she was just saving it all up for dinner time. She had had her dinner and was just being cute when GP Mike decided to hold her while everyone ate dinner. He was just being a super nice guy letting Mom and Dad eat in peace for once when Oda Mae exploded. I won't go into the details, but GP Mike and Oda Mae both had to change clothes before anyone ate another bite.

Today I called the pediatrician and they said to give her pedialite and that should do the trick. Oda Mae and I went on a shopping trip to Albertson's and got the stuff. Tonight for dinner Oda Mae had 5 oz of "Fruit" flavored-dry-em-up-so-you-don't-have-to-tie-em-up-nasty-after-taste-water and a bowl of oatmeal. We'll see how things come out tomorrow morning.

This afternoon we went on a walk with Fergus and Abby.



Can't wait until that cold front moves in. You can't hardly go for a walk in TX until November when the temperature comes down to the 80's. Abby and Fergus made due with the Trinity...


It was getting kind of warm and I came up with what seemed to be a pretty good idea at the time...

...until they started to drag Oda Mae towards the 50ft ravine with the Trinity River. So there went that great idea. We made it home alright and cooled off for a bit before the Oda Momma came home.

We all had a very good time!

-OD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WATCH OUT - SHE'S FIXIN' TO 'ASPLODE!!!!

-----
Today's Oda code word is: "fipluf"
It means "I had green beans for lunch."

Anonymous said...

Looks like Oda Mae, Abbey and Fergus had a fun time. They are all sooosooo cute! Luv ya all!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed AND clapped! I LIKED your story! I liked it a LOT!!! :) Woot! Freebird! ~gm~ (hee, hee)

Anonymous said...

You think perhaps you can send the dogs in my direction to take me to work in the morning? That really would save on some gas.