Friday, December 03, 2004

Broccoli, Coke, and Eyebrows

What do these three things have in common? Well, let me tell you!!!! It's been a while since my last post, but with the holidays upon us, life has been a bit hectic. (I know, I know...If I think my life is hectic now...blah, blah, blah...) I have been wondering when the "cravings" would start in. For a while there I thought that Brenda would be one of those ladies who didn't get them...boy was I wrong. It seems that broccoli is the food of choice for the hungry mother. Not only have I seen broccoli in rice-a-roni, but there has been substantial talk about broccoli on pizza with mushrooms, and in the mac and cheese. I suppose that's not too unusual, but it's really about the only thing Brenda talks about eating these days. I have to make sure that any meals that I prepare include a double dose of the leafy green vegetable.

We are in about the 24th week now and some fun things are starting to happen. Every night we watch Brenda's belly for entertaining movement. Last night we saw a pretty good jab. We laughed!!!! Sometimes, Oda Mae will (according to Brenda) kick her bladder. You can only guess how often she has to make a run for the potty. I can only imagine how much of a pain in the rear this must be to Brenda, but it does provide some much appreciated entertainment for the expectant father :)

Little Oda Mae is a little over one pound by now. You know that Coke your drinking right now...before you drank any, it was one pound. (Yes I put a Coke on the scales this morning to check it out.) Her crown to rump length is about 8.5 inches. A couple of weeks ago the eyelids and eyebrows were "well developed", and she has fingernails. SHE IS SO CUTE!!!!

J.

No comments: