Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Very Merry Oda Christmas...

Oda Momma and I were very fortunate to have been given a "new to us" digital camera right after the baby was born. Since then, we have taken over 8000 pictures. That's about 1000 pictures a month. We have been basking in the 21st century world of instant gratification. When Oda Mae was born I took several pictures with our very cool Canon Rebel 2000. I took all of my film to the one hour photo and paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $13.00 per roll (we of course had to get the CD rom so we could download them to our computer). Can you imagine, we had to wait a whole hour to see pictures of our Oda Mae. Usually we would look at the pictures while she was right in front of us and say, "Oh, look...she is so cute.")

When we got the digital camera we were home free. We could put only the really good pictures (8000 of them) right onto our computer and print them off at home or an online company that is cheaper than all the rest. INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!! Woo Hoo.....until we dropped the camera on concrete. $90.00 and one week later, we had the camera back from the repair shop and it was working almost as good as new. It never was really quite the same. Then we dropped it again a couple of months ago and after it coughed and gagged at us, it seemed to be doing okay...
(Yes that is duct tape holding the batteries in.) (No, we did not have the strap the first time we dropped it.)

UNTIL just the other day.

A few days ago as I was putting up our Christmas Lights (I was still in phase one of the lighting process *more on that later*) we had taken some really good pictures and all of a sudden the camera said "this card cannot be used".
WHAT?
I was just using it.
After some research we found that other happy-go-lucky photographers had the same problem. So I headed on down to the local office supply store to buy a new card. It worked just fine UNTIL two days ago when the same thing happened. So we finally gave up and figured that maybe it was time to get a new camera.

I went online today and did some research....here is what I came up with.

Canon Powershot S2 IS

Oda Mae and I went and got it. This camera is SWEET! Loads more stuff than I know how to use. Oda Mae and I are looking forward to experimenting. Compared to other cameras that have some of the same features, this one was about 1/2 of the cost. So Oda Momma and I have decided that this would be our Christmas gift to each other this year. (Merry Christmas Oda Momma!)

Here are some photos that we took today while we were experimenting.





So, look for some good and a lot of very bad experimental photos in upcoming posts. I'm also working on an "Oda Video". I'll be out of town for a couple of days, so be sure to check out Oda Momma's Blog for your weekend updates.

-OD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you! i was much in need of oda fodder. gracias odadaddy!! ~gm~