Monday, February 21, 2005

Week 36

We are almost at the end of the book now. Only 4 more chapters in Your Pregnancy week by week. "By this week, your baby (Oda Mae) weighs about 6 pounds. Its crown-to-rump length is over 13.5 inches, and total length is 20.7 inches."

We had a Dr. visit today and no sonogram. I was a bit disappointed because I had brought my camera to take pictures of Brenda all laying down and looking at Oda Mae. She did take a strep test though. (No, I did not get any pictures of that.) There is a one in four chance that she has strep. This will not hurt Oda Mae 'cause if she does, then she will take some antibiotics when she goes into labor and all will be fine.

Brenda has been having some "mild" contractions for a few days now. The Dr. checked for dilation and with the magic number being 10...we are now at 2. We are anxiously waiting for Oda Mae to "drop". Apparently, this can happen at any time. The Dr. says that being at 2 cm means that Oda Mae might be here a little early. The due date though, has yet to be changed. For those of you who forgot....March 22.

I found a little joke for you all. This is completely unaltered!!!! I copied it straight from HERE

"Brenda, pregnant with her first child, was paying a visit to her obstetrician's office. When the exam was over, she shyly began, "My husband wants me to ask you if its still okay..."

"I know, I know." the doctor said, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "I get asked that all the time. Sex is fine until late in the pregnancy."

"No, that's not it at all," Brenda confessed. "He wants to know if I can still mow the lawn." "


Ha!!!!!

J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're quite the comedian ;)
-wife

Anonymous said...

And he better be watchin' out for that "funny man stuff" when OdaMomma goes into labor...
Just a helpful tip, ha, ha... There are times when it's just not that funny anymore... (Don't worry. Sense of humor will return following the arrival of our new life...)