Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Okay, Okay...

I think some of you may be addicted to the Oda Mae Baby Blog....

We went to the Dr. on Monday and everything is going well. The due date has not been moved (YET) and Oda Mae's heart beat is very strong. We are now at the "34 week" mark which means that the baby "weighs almost 5 pounds by this week. Its crown-to-rump length is about 12.8 inches. Total length is 19.8 inches." So yes, if the baby weighed 5 pounds two weeks ago, we're looking at almost 7 pounds now. You may ask, "aren't babies almost ready to be born at 7 lbs? or maybe one more pound to go?"...Why yes!!!!!!! Which is why I've started taking my cell phone with me where ever I go. I also answer when Brenda calls no matter what I'm doing.

You will be glad to know that we made a trial run to the hospital the other day. It's about 15 minutes from the house. I think if I work on it I can make it in under 9 minutes.

The nursery is almost ready. We've decided to leave the room painted yellow, I have painted the trim purple. I also painted the furniture purple, green and yellow. Oda Mae will be the most beautiful little girl in her little room. We have also become the donation center for all clothes pink and red for children between the ages of zero - 10 years old. I suppose this is a good thing. But where are all these clothes going to go?????

Saturday is our "birthing class". I can't wait...I've got my catchers mit, camera, and my binoculars ready. We are going to have so much fun.

Below is a photo of what Brenda would look like if she were invisible and you could see inside of her. ENJOY!!!!

J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness!!!!!!!!! I was really worried about that hospital thing----Expecially since you did not even know where it was a week ago.It's getting closer and we can't hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

Knowing where the hospital is located is a very important detail!!!!! Have fun at the birthing class.
Luv ya both like soosoo much!!!!!!!

Sasha@Pw said...

Heh, my DH had maps drawn out of routes to the hospital in case of traffic, accidents, weather disasters. :)