Friday, August 27, 2004

Fatherly Advice

I called my dad on his birthday and told him the good news. He seemed a little flustered at first and then the reality set in. He was very excited to be a grandpa again. He asked me how it felt to know that I was going to be a father and I told him that I didn't think it had really hit me yet. His response was that he knew when it would hit me. He said that when I was looking in at the baby through the window in the hospital, responsibility would hit me right between the eyes.
I can't wait!!! I'm going to wear a helmet just in case.

I figure it'll be something like this...

I'll be standing there in awe and wonderment looking at my new beautiful baby thinking, "I have to take that one home!"....

....."My wife is probably going to want me to help."....

and then....


BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the floor.

J.

No comments: