Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Everyone is sooooo excited...

Well, on Monday we had our first doctors visit. I'm just sorry I didn't bring the video camera. There was so much to see and do. I've never been to a "lady" doctor before! I was just going to see the baby on TV and man did I get my money's worth! I was trying to read a magazine just to be very nonchalant during all of the "tests", but it was a little hard to concentrate . Once we got into the sonogram room things started to pick up. I cannot even to begin to explain the feelings that came over me when I saw the shape of that little thing in there. I was fully expecting to see a clump of cells, but as you can see by the photo there is already a lot of definition. Up until now, I've known that we were pregnant, but after seeing the baby "swim" around and seeing the heart beat...I know now that we are about to experience joy and happiness like we have never experienced before.
After going to the doctor, we went to see Brenda's mom for "lunch". Brenda handed her the photo and after the realization set in you cannot even begin to imagine the excitement that ran through that lady's entire being. Watching other people find out about the pregnancy is just as fun as finding out youself. Brenda's mom works for DR. PEPPER. We got FREE soft drinks while we were there. Could this day get ANY better!!!!!!!
Brenda knew that she had to start calling some people and giving out the news before her mom got to them, so she called her dad. I wasn't there, but I'm sure that there was one very happy guy on the other side of the phone.
Then it was on to my mother's house. We thought we'd have a little fun......I told my mom that I had been working on my genealogy earlier that morning (I had indeed!!!), and that I had a picture of someone that I wanted her to identify. I handed her the sonogram photo. After an agonizing minute or two she said, "I don't know who this is." I prompted her to look at the photo more closely. When she noticed Brenda's name in the upper right hand corner it finally dawned on her who she was looking at, "Is this Bubba or Oda Mae?!!!!!" and I shook my head yes. Then she had to jump out of her chair. She was so funny to watch. She is a very happy grandma as well! When my sister came over we played the same game. The expression on her face when she finally realized what she was looking at was truly priceless. Again, I needed the video camera.
We finally went to visit Brenda's dad. He was playing things very cool. Jeanine as well. They were definitely standing a little taller and are very excited to be having a grandbaby.
Like I said before, watching other people get the news is just a much fun as finding out yourself. By the end of the day we were both exhausted. Our next appointment is in four weeks.
Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter in the beginning of the life of "Bubba" or "Oda Mae".

J.

P.S. Our FUR has some fascinating skills related to sonogram reading on his web log, check out August 24th. ROBLOG

No comments: