Monday, April 17, 2006

It's "officially" Spring

We made it to Easter, yea! Oda Mae had a wonderful day. After I played my three Easter services (btw, I'm good on going to church for at least three weeks now.), we went over to Grandpa and Grandma's house for an afternoon of BBQ and egg hunts.


We decided not to color any eggs this year:

1. Oda Mae is only ONE.

2. She doesn't understand why you would want to color eggs.

3. If "we" were to color eggs, Oda Mae would be playing on the ground with her blankets while Oda Momma and I were coloring the eggs.

4. She dropped the plastic eggs a lot. Need I say more.

I'm sure that we will have many years of coloring eggs when Oda Mae will have much more fun.

Oda Mae had a lot of fun finding eggs until she got tired. Then we came home.

On a somewhat different note...today is TAX DAY! I have to admit, I didn't finish my taxes until Saturday. Being "self employed" makes it kind of a drag to do my taxes, BUT this year I had at least one very good little tax deduction. The US government says that Oda Mae is worth $1000.00 to me and Oda Momma. For the first time since we've been married we actually get a refund!!!! Woo Hoo for Oda Mae!!!!!


-OD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can afford eggs to color!

ha, ha - J/K. Bet cha didn't know that when I first met Rachel & David (aged 10 & 7) they'd NEVER colored eggs before - we did it that easter, it was their first experience with PAAS. I thought THAT was unusual considering that myself and my siblings had been fighting and crying over egg coloring ever since we were real little. It was a lot of fun! It's funny, it's just one of those mixed feelings - I'm not sorry we colored eggs - I just remember someone always ended up in their room, hee-hee. ~gm~

Darth Daddy said...

Hoppy Easter, and congrats on the refund!

Shannon & Family