Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Since Nov. 13

Since November 13th I've been running and practising a lot. My chops are in pretty good shape now (first time since Oda Mae was born) and I've lost 25 lbs. The audition was Monday morning. I did not play as well as I could have. That's how auditions are, kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes you play well sometimes you don't. It wasn't awful mind you, but it wasn't good enough. I came home from D.C. a day early and about $300.00 less in the old bank account. (Auditions are expensive!)The good thing is that I know the person who won. I play as well or better than he does. It just goes to show that it's all up to who plays the best on that particular day.

There is another audition coming up in about two months for a group in Ohio. Over the next couple of weeks I'll consider whether or not I want to audition for them or not. It's a pretty big gig, so I'll have to really think about it.

In the mean time, I'll just keep doing this...

...it's not so bad really.

Tomorrow, Oda Momma leaves for a couple of days so it'll just be me and Oda Mae. Maybe we'll do a little photo shoot or something to make us all feel better.

That is all.

-OD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome!!

Darth Daddy said...

Lost 25 lbs?! I'm so jelous. Since being "Pluto'd" from my Aikido dojo, I've put 15lbs back on.

Gotta up the cardio somewhere.

Keep up the good work!

Shannon