Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!!

Just got home from my 3 service Christmas Eve gig. I decided to blog tonight since I wouldn't have any time tomorrow (ummm, today). We had two more Christmas celebrations today and had a wonderful time at both. Oda Mae is very much liking the whole opening presents thing. Here are a couple of pics from the days activities.







Warning!!! Sappy Christmas Message...

This evening on my way home in the rain, I saw a very terrible accident. It reminded me that I/We need to take the time to think about what Christmas means. There is one and only one reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ. We give gifts to each other in remembrance of what God has given to us (if we choose to accept that gift). Most people tend to forget that. All the lights, decorations, celebrations have meaning other than they are just pretty and fun. It is my hope that everyone who reads my blog will at least give some thought this year about what Christmas really means.


Now, I have to go to my "second" gig tonight. I think Santa is going to come to my house very soon!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-OD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us of the "true meaning" of Christmas!!
Luv
Sis