Thursday, August 11, 2005

She wakes up...

Here is a little story that you will all like.

Oda Mae has gotten to where she takes pretty good naps during the day. You might remember that when she first started, that she was not very akin to taking naps at all. At the time, she would only sleep 15 or 20 minutes. Now-a-days she usually takes three naps a day; the first two naps usually lasting between 2 and 2 1/2 hours and the third lasting about 1 hour. Woo Hoo...for long naps. Daddy can finish putting the bathroom back together. But I digress...Occasionally, Oda Mae will start fussing before her nap is over. I inevitably have stripper or adhesive all over something or I am trying desperately to not let the wall fall down on top of me. Nevertheless, Oda Mae manages not to go back to sleep and I have to go look in on her and give her her "Binky" again.

I usually go in her room with the stern, "you need to go back to sleep and finish your nap" look on my face. I find her binky, which she is usually laying on top of, and poke it back into her mouth and say, "go back to sleep, Oda Mae". Usually, she will fall right back to sleep and I am back to work on my project in just a couple of minutes. Every once in a while though, I get this...















The binky pops out, she looks up at me and gives me the biggest cheeseburger smile you have ever seen. I always try to keep my "Daddy's gonna get mad if you don't go back to sleep, face", but how can I with that cute little smile? She breaks me every time!

I'm gonna be a sucker some day when she starts to want stuff.

-OD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four months old and already workin' dad...

Tell me womanly wiles aren't genetic!

NCS

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.